PROFILE OF THE ORGANIZATION
‘Pachomios Educational and Charitable Enlightenment Foundation’ short-named ‘Peace Foundation’ is a charitable trust established with a view to promoting charitable activities in honour of His Grace, the Late Joseph Mar Pachomios, Metropolitan of the Kandanad Diocese of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church, who was deeply and passionately committed to the cause of serving the sick and the poor. The Trust has its Headquarters at St. George Orthodox Church Karmelkunnu, Mulakulam (N), Kerala, where his mortal remains lie entombed. The management of the Trust is vested with the general body of the members of the Trust, The Governing Board and the Executive Committee. His Grace, Dr. Mathews Mar Saverios, Metropolitan, Kandanad west diocese of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church is the ex- officio Chairman. The membership of the trust falls into different categories. The management and governance of the trust is vested in an executive committee comprising of 32 members elected from among the members of the Trust. The term of Office of the committee is five years. His Grace, Dr. Mathews Mar Severios, Metropolitan, Kandanad (W) diocese of the
Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church is the ex- officio Chairman and Rev. Fr. John Varghese, the Vicar of St. George Orthodox Church Karmelkunnu, Mulakulam, the Vice-Chairman. Sri. K.V Mathew, karithadathil, Piravom the Treasurer-cum-Organizing Secretary, Sri James Jose, Anthialumkal, Secretary and Sri. Babu Peter, Thudiayamparambil, Joint Secretary are the other Office bearers of the Trust.
The aims and objectives of the Trust are:-
- To provide better medical treatment to the poor and the needy at affordable cost irrespective of their caste, creed and religion
- To take necessary steps for the establishment of institutions for the development in the fields of education, healthcare and charitable works
- To grant scholarships, charitable and other monetary reliefs to the needy
- To establish hospitals and other paramedical institutions to fulfill the basic objectives of the Trust
- To establish institutions viz: universities, colleges under Article 30 of the constitution of India
- To receive or accept donations from persons or any party within the country or from outside subject to the laws of Indian Union.
ACTIVITIES OF THE TRUST FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS
JMP Medical Centre, Piravom, the maiden venture of the Trust was started as an outpatient clinic and it has, today, developed into a full fledged hospital with almost all major departments. The hospital is committed to provide quality treatment at affordable cost and has proved to be a real blessing to the people living in the surrounding rural areas. The hospital has been conducting free medical camps, community outreach programmes over the last three years. The poor and the marginalized sections of the society are the immediate beneficiaries of such camps and they have come to look upon the hospital as a centre to which they can turn and get support in times of need. The hospital has an inpatient capacity of 150 beds and the number of staff including doctors employed in the hospital is about 80 and the number of OP patients treated daily 350 on an average and this number is steadily on the increase.